recent posts at the new blog :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Yup, this blog is on the move. All the news is now at :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Here is a sneak peak at what is happening over there.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Sneaky Mom

Andy is trying to learn to read and he is very impatient with the phonics. La-Le-Li-Lo-Lu: he could not care less. He gives up easily and is not interested. Juliana, on the other hand, is very keen on reading.

Sneaky and devious mom that I am, I told them they could watch VeggieTales as soon as Juliana learns five flashcards. Andy is in there industriously teaching her La-Le-Li-Lo-Lu. I am doing my work and snickering up my sleeve.

4 comments:

kate said...

I love it! (And I'm a big VeggieTales fan. Josh and the Big Wall is my fav.)

6blessings said...

Veggie Tales are great!

Wow! Working on reading. That's incredible!!

Shelby said...

Haha--I'm having trouble with phonics too! I looked at these and automatically imposed the pronounciation of the language I most recently studied, German. Then I figured that wasn't right, so my brain fell back on my previously studied language, which was French. Despite being a native English speaker, it looks like I haven't studied phonics since my own elementary school days and any subsequent language study has superceded my original knowledge.

S. said...

You are brilliant!

Have you tried the leap frog phonics DVD? It has really helped my kids.

I love Madame Blueberry...she is the best!