recent posts at the new blog :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Yup, this blog is on the move. All the news is now at :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Here is a sneak peak at what is happening over there.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Greetings from Seoul

Here we are, nine time zones and two airports later, enjoying our 5 hr layover in Seoul: free internet, and in a few minutes the showers open.

Our flight to Seoul was lovely, as much as an 11 hour flight can be. The plane was only about half full, so -- even though we had exit row seats -- we were persuaded by the stewardesses to move to empty center rows where we could stretch out. I think we each got about 5 or 6 hours of sleep.

Later today we will fly to Khabarovsk, check in, walk to dinner, and then to bed. We have tomorrow free I believe, and will visit the orphanage on Monday.

Lisa and Derik have been coaching us on pronunciation: Har Bar arsk is the preferred way.

Much too sleepy to be amusing. More later,

Suzanne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to hear that you arrived in Seoul. Also, that you were able to sleep. I hope the flight to Khab... is enjoyable. I've also been reading Elle's blog - she also wrote about the flight. It's just great to hear from. I think of you every second of the day. I gues I'll try and send this now. Love to you, Mom/Carol

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what you are doing at this moment but it's fun to try! I'm so glad the flight to Seoul was pleasant. I look forward to hearing how everything unfolds. Holly and Charlie and I took a long walk yesterday. She let me know in no uncertain terms that that was what she wanted! We all enjoyed it.
Love, Diana

Anonymous said...

Hello J&S,
We are SO thrilled with your news and shared all with our small group tonight. All those prayers, including Susan's & Annelise's are with you. So glad Don gave us your blobsight. What a terrific story this is!!!
God bless and keep you and your precious children (& their little friends) in His loving care.Niel & Dianne Pfundt