recent posts at the new blog :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Yup, this blog is on the move. All the news is now at :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Here is a sneak peak at what is happening over there.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

bits and pieces of an over-saturated life

in no particular order . . .
* Andy starts his new school tomorrow. We are enrolling him in the private school I attended, known for its vigilent approach to character issues such as respect and obey.
* Jamie starts a turn-around next week. This is when a refinery is shut-down for maintenance and work is carried on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for several months. Jamie will be working 14 hour shifts, as he is the supervisor and has to overlap the crews that work mere 12 hour shifts. He gets a mandatory day off on the 52nd consecutive work day. So, I'll be pretty much parenting solo.
* I've been sick for over a week which means I can't go see my Dad which is a sorrow for me. Dad is, reportedly, much better.
* We have a new dog, Bear, who is staying with us while Dad gets better. He is a sweet dog and fits in nicely with our other dogs and has even learned to not chase the kitties. He regularly breaks into the goat corral where Betsy, the bearded lady goat, roundly trounces him.
* The lovely week of sunshine has come to an end and the more typical grey dreary bitterly cold days have returned.
* We are filing our post-placement reports and getting ready to start the Washington State readoption process. The sole reason for doing this is getting Washington birth certificates for the kids. In the event that they ever need to get a copy of their birth certificate, it is much easier to do this locally than to apply to Russia for one.

4 comments:

6blessings said...

Oh boy! I can't believe that work schedule. That will be difficult on all involved- him, you, and the kids.

Hope Andy likes his new school.

kate said...

Yikes! Poor hubby. Sorry to hear about all your business. I hope school for Andy makes things easier and not harder. Feel better!! (I just started week THREE with my cold...) Still thinking of your dad. I'm glad he's feeling better!

Elle said...

good luck over the next few weeks of parenting solo. I'll be thinking of you. Wish you lived closer, I'd come up and give you a hand.

Brandie said...

wow, that's a full plate. But based on what I've read in your posts.. you can handle it... and you'll still be smiling in the end!! Good Luck my prayers are with you.
Also it's great to hear your dad is feeling much better.
Brandie