recent posts at the new blog :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Yup, this blog is on the move. All the news is now at :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Here is a sneak peak at what is happening over there.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

What's up with me?

I read Cloudscome's blog; she posts about worthy things - world concerns, quality children's literature, poetry. I post about fluffy little girl's clothes. This has been bothering me. What happened to the old me that cared about the outside world?

My analysis is that the outside world is rather bleak and sleety and whenever I go into it I walk the zombie-lined halls of a nursing home and I'm just not up to it. On the other hand, sweet little girl's dresses speak of spring, sunshine, happy play-filled afternoons, a bright giggle-filled future. I've decided that I'm not shallow, I'm just over-whelmed.

So, on that note:




Sweet Potatoes & Hanna Andersson

7 comments:

Lauri said...

Love those clothes and Im also a ebay addict... nothing wrong with wanting to focus on the lighter stuff and who does not love little girl clothes?

sandy said...

amazing what children will do to you?!?! Embrace the change.
Sandy

Elle said...

I have those moments too. Seeing as I don't have a little girl to buy for I buy flowers. Outside flowers, inside flowers. Little treasures that remind me that spring is coming. Your posts don't have to always be meaningful. They just have to be real. It doesn't get more real than that.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

If I had a little girl I would be posting about clothes too! I am often feeling overwhelmed these days just like you... but I don't have to visit a nursing home. Hang in there! Yesterday I saw some spring flowers in the woods. I posted pictures on my other blog at http://sandycovetrail.blogspot.com. Sunshine does wonders!

Ani said...

Little girls are such fun to shop for - hope those bright, spring clothes brightened your day.

kate said...

Big hugs to you, Suz. (Blogger hasn't let me comment for ages!) I think a little escapism into the joys of little girl dresses is perfectly reasonable! I'm a big Hanna fan...and I love the Sweet Potato dress. Must go check them out...

6blessings said...

Cute clothes!!