recent posts at the new blog :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Yup, this blog is on the move. All the news is now at :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Here is a sneak peak at what is happening over there.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Snuggly Jesus

Instead of climbing into her high-chair (yes she is 5, but physically, she is 3, so we need a high-chair) this morning, Juliana crawled into my arms for a long snuggle. So, I taught the word snuggle. "Mama likes to snuggle; Papa likes to snuggle; Babushka y Dadadushka like to snuggle," the children recited their list of known snugglers. "Jesu Christo likes to snuggle." I apparently looked a bit surprised. "Da, destsky scared, Jesu Christo snuggles." (Yes, when children are scared, Jesus Christ snuggles them.)

When I was a child, I knew this about Jesus. I had forgotten.

8 comments:

Deb said...

Ah, the faith of a child.
Such a sweet story. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I love that one! Those are the moments us PAP's long for!

Melissa said...

I am all snuggly and warm

Denise :o) said...

Wow! Okay, that gave me chills. How sweet.

6blessings said...

It is so good that they are learning about Jesus. What a precious story.

Anonymous said...

Wow what a heartwarming story , thanks for sharing, I got chills reading it, so so sweet and comforting.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the first items that has given me comfort since we lost Noelle in the AMREX scam, after we finalized her adoption on trip one in April 2006. If you don't remember, she's unavailable for adoption, yet she has to grow up in the orphanage system. Too long of a story.

I know she is in God's hands. I'm so thankful that it's comfirmed "out of the mouths of babes" that this is true. It is gut wrenching losing a child and giving her back due to criminal circumstances. Yet, knowing Jesus is snuggling her comforts me to know she is comforted.

Thank you so very much for sharing what your children said. Gratefully, Alison

kate said...

That is precious. A young friend was once at a movie that was too scary for her. She responded by closing her eyes, covering her ears, and loudly singing "Jesus Loves Me". Seemed like the perfect way to deal with a scary situation to me! Your story reminded me of that one.