recent posts at the new blog :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Yup, this blog is on the move. All the news is now at :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Here is a sneak peak at what is happening over there.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Visitors?

Well, we certainly have learned the hard way why the advice from folks that have BTDT is to limit visitors. We actually thought we were limiting! Every visit triggers a complete rebuilding of the rule-book. The children imagine that the new person is the next shift and are eager to abandon all the rules and regulations of the old shift.

So, we are now realizing that we are not going to be able to add "new" people to their repertoire for awhile. So, we thank you for your patience as we know you want to meet the kiddos, but it really works best for us to hold off for awhile longer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suzanne, I had to scale back as well. My girl started to break out in hives when too many strangers were around. Take care and good for you to do the best thing for you even if it isn't convenient.
Serena

Anonymous said...

I do like the music. The visitor thing is such a hard issue. It is hard for people to understand.

kate said...

I'm eager to hear how long it takes before you feel like your kiddos are ready for visitors. I've heard different things from different sources (and, of course, each child will be ready at a different time). Do you think having adopted two children will make your "hibernation" longer or shorter?

Melissa said...

Suzanne,

Question, when you took your laptop over to russia, did you have to take a phone jack adaptor and a cord? I was reading in the handbook you do. Can I get that at radio shack? You can EM me.

Melissa said...

Hi Suzanne, What is BTDT???

Your children are so beautiful !!!

And I promise I won't visit :-)

... melissa a