recent posts at the new blog :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Yup, this blog is on the move. All the news is now at :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Here is a sneak peak at what is happening over there.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

boom BOOM and out go the lights

What is even more fun than being sick with kids? Being sick with kids without power, which means

  • no lights
  • no central heat
  • no water (showers, laundry, dishes, hand-washing to prevent spread of illness)
  • no vcr/tv
  • no oven
  • no phones
  • no nightlights for kiddos
  • no bedtime/naptime music
We lost power yesterday at 12:15 and have been camping ever since. How am I posting? We charge the laptop in the truck last night and I have a nifty gadget that acts like a cell-phone for dial-up access.

We have a nice woodstove in the living room and a gas stove, so I can cook, as long as the menu is boiled or fried. We are reading lots of books by the fire; this is cozy and fun.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Man, it sounds like it's rough going! I hope you all are feeling better soon!

Ani said...

ugh, no power sucks! but, i'm sure you all made it into a fun adventure... hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I posted a minute ago. Didn't look like it would post...;o(

So again..
can you go to a relatives house or they all in town as well?

Without going into a super long story, I can say BTDT as well & I totally agree with you. Take care, Alison

Stinky Mouse said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick, that was quite the storm wasn't it? I enjoy power outages actually, but usually they only last an hour or so, this one was nearly 24 hours for us. Glad to have the lights back on!

I think you emailed me once, but I lost track of you. Found you through technorati again, so wanted to say, "Hi Neighbor!"

Melissa said...

Sounds like a good time to pitch a tent in the living room and "camp out"