recent posts at the new blog :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Yup, this blog is on the move. All the news is now at :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Here is a sneak peak at what is happening over there.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

a few more tidbits

I am quite sure that my days of long well-thought-out posts laden with pictures are a thing of the past.

  • The backpacks are the favorite toys.
  • Going down for naps was much better than going to bed was last night.
  • They ask for baths at every opportunity.
  • The borsht that they hated at dinner they ate for lunch!
  • The yogurt here is super yummy.
  • They can't get enough of the fresh fruit and vegetables.
  • Juliana sings to herself all the time.
We play a little game where one assumes the identity of another by wearing their shoes. Jamie and I tiptoe around in the children's shoes and they become Mama y Papa. So, "Mama" Juliana heads out of the room in my flip-flops and I say "PaKah Mama" (Bye bye Mama). She says over her shoulder "PaKah DoichKah" (Bye Bye Daughter). This is the first indication we have had that she understands the relationship as opposed to merely the names.

Wow. A whole paragraph in one sitting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are going well. Can't believe your kids like bathing too! That is so great.
Take care
Serena

Kevin McEntee said...

Absolutely beautiful! I am so happy for you all. I know how busy you will be... but please take a moment after all the waiting and traveling to post a pic of your new family. I can't wait to see!

Sandy (not Kevin... the beta blogger thing gets our identities mixed up and I'm too lazy to navigate around it. =)

Suz said...

The singing at Juliana's age is VERY developmentally, age appropriately right on target! What a fun game to play (the shoes) with "older" kids to help them grasp the whole family concept.

Yay, glad they ate the borsch. Maybe they were just holding out for something more "fun" to eat than the same ol' same ol'.

A Room to Grow said...

I am loving every detail of your posts because we'll be adopting children who will be of similar ages. Your posts come at a great time as we are beginning the process & use your blog as inspiration! Can't wait to see the pics!

Jennefer said...

I am surprised at the loving baths thing. That is great!