recent posts at the new blog :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Yup, this blog is on the move. All the news is now at :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Here is a sneak peak at what is happening over there.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Airport blog-a-thon: INC-KHV

Posting from: MarKuel Hotel, Khabarovsk, Russia
Local time: 6:21 am on Sunday August 27th

The last installment of the airport segment of our show. For your viewing pleasure and amusement, I weathered the stares of the curious and boldly snapped a picture in the loo, a picture of the courtesy bell. What is a courtesy bell? It is the little device that you utilize if you think that you may soon be making an embarrassing noise. It sounds just like a flushing toilet, so no one will know what you are really doing in there. Korea: appearance is everything.



It is a beautiful, clean, well-staffed, and friendly airport. For those of you who enjoy luxury good shopping, you will find nearly everything you want at the airport duty-free shops. Alas, nearly everything: no LUSH.


Here is the gracious coffee shop young lady who serves the best coffee in the airport. She is conveniently located in a Wireless HotSpot right next to showers and couchs.


Last, here we are:



Edinburough is my new favorite European city; Incheon/Seoul is my favorite airport. What are your favs?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Korean airport is the best. Especially after I learned my girl is half Korean. I was able to stock up on soveniors to complement the ones I got in Russia. Oh what fun.

I didn't know until I got home what that button was for.....I thought maybe if you had a heart attack you'd push it! HEE HEE

You are on the home stretch now....
Serena

Carolina Mama said...

Great to see the Markel! Thanks for the fun posts. Really spicing up the weekend for us. :) My favorite is still Paris. As for airport, looks like the Korean is worthy. Glad you found a good cup of joe! Always a good thing.

Melissa said...

how funny is that courtesy bell! I should get one in my house. lol. I loved Edinburgh, Scotland. Singapore was definitely the cleanest country I was ever in. I do not have a fav. airport, but I don't like Ohare in Chicago

kate said...

I love Edinburgh! My fav European city...maybe Prague. Actually, I think my fav is the one I'm planning of visiting next.

LOVED the LUSH reference as I'm a long-time user of angels on bare skin. I was so relieved to find two LUSH stores in St. P.

Finally back and catchingup after some time offline. SO glad to hear your journey is going well!

Kate