recent posts at the new blog :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Yup, this blog is on the move. All the news is now at :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Here is a sneak peak at what is happening over there.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

another great visit

Posting from: MarKuel Hotel, Khabarovsk, Russia
Local time: 3:28 pm Wednesday August 30, 2006
Weather: Clear and pleasant

We had two lovely hours with the children this morning. Andy greeted us with a very carefully enunciated "Good Afternoon". They think that having Papa toss them in the air is the best thing ever; Papa is sacked out on the couch now.

Court is at 11:30 tomorrow, an hour and a half later than my guesstimate for the countdown clock. We expect it to last until 12:30. We learned that this is the first international adoption from this orphanage ever. The assistant director will be testifying at court for us. Having court right before lunch is good, as everyone will want to work efficiently. Though the judge will make his decision tomorrow, it does not become binding until the 11th day.

Irena spent some time with us after the visit, going over what court typically entails. We got many of our questions answered and feel much better about it all.

We are happy to be here, and enjoying the rest, but I am already homesick. I am a home-body and it is hard to be away from our furbabies. We just want to pick up the children and come home. I suppose this is one more lesson in patience.

11 comments:

Kevin McEntee said...

Hang in there! I am thoroughly enjoying all the pictures. Thanks for the apt photos too. What a cozy place.

sandy said...

Oops, that was me. My husband had some acct set up that I can't even get to now. Wishing you the best! Sandy

Anonymous said...

Suzanne and Jamie, Best wishes at court. I was sooo homesick too and I didn't have to stay as long as you will. Take care
Serena

Rhonda said...

Good luck you guys! I know it will go great, and soon you'll be on your way home.

Shelby said...

Suzanne and Jamie, I cannot tell you how excited we are for you! I'll be watching your blog with bated breath. As I will for your journey to Andy and Juliana's mei-mei too! Best of luck for your court visit tomorrow.

6blessings said...

Good luck at court in just a few more hours! I'm sure everything will go well. I totally understand the homesick issue. Day 4 of the waiting period was my worst day. After that, things seemed to move and look up. Just remember, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. All of the work is about to pay off in the "birth" of two new family members! I'm so excited for you.

Carolina Mama said...

Hi you two. The pics are so great. I am just catching up on my blogger friends - we've had company, etc. I LOVE the story about the spilled perpfume. You had the right attitude and then it came back to you! :) And that was a sweet tribute to your brother. You are blessed. Can't wait until all is official for you. Thanks for sharing. Have fun! MaliMai

Kara said...

i keep checking from work for more news! setting up my unit plans is not as fun as two new cousins!

love love
kara

Melissa said...

Finally, at last, court is only an hour away. I have my fingers crossed. Get your kiddos home! Yours has become one of my favorite blogs to read.

Chelsea said...

oh my goodness 3 minutes until court, I have every prayer with your guys right now!

sandy said...

I keep checking for the new post following court. You are there now--so exciting. Cousin Sandy