recent posts at the new blog :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Yup, this blog is on the move. All the news is now at :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Here is a sneak peak at what is happening over there.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

What does it mean?

Our pretrial appointment at court in Russia was August first and it is now 6:28 p.m. in Khabarovsk, so our pretrial has happened. Our facilitator in Russia was -- we assume -- present and knows what came of it.

We had hoped (expected, counted on) that she would call our agency in Alaska (where it is 11:28 p.m. right now) and tell her and that our agency in Alaska would send us email telling us.

This has not happened. Why not? Oh this is crazy making stuff.

I should mention that there are three familes with pretrials on August first.

So, did the judge reschedule all of us? some of us?


  • Did she look at our files and snicker? shout "off with their heads?" demand shrubberies?

  • Did she say "Oh these are the loveliest dossiers ever and I'd like to schedule court dates at the families' earliest convenience?"

  • Did she come up with a 49 item list of obscure documents she would like to have procurred, notarized, apostilled, and delivered by 2:17 p.m. on Thursday?

  • Did she set court for some of the families, but not all?

  • Did our Russian facilitator call our Alaskan agency with bad news that has to be delivered in a phone call in the morning? Is that why there is no email tonight? How bad of news? For which family?


How on earth will we sleep tonight?

It is a great mercy that my 8:00 class does not meet tomorrow.

Okay, two thoughts to help us sleep.

  • I know who is in charge and I know that He loves us.

  • If pretrial was in the afternoon and our Alaska contact keeps an early bedtime, it could just be that the news came out too late to relay to Alaska. I'm sure that's it, aren't you?


Blessings on you, Cathy, Catherine, Rhonda, Tricia, and Elle, for your e-companionship this evening.

8 comments:

bethee said...

Fingers crossed for you!!

Anonymous said...

"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive" Matt 21-22. I continue to pray, believing, that you and Jaime will get your court date.

Cathy

Deb said...

Praying your right and you hear first thing this morning.

6blessings said...

I woke up and started checking posts first thing this morning. I'm sorry you had no news last night. I'm sure you'll hear news soon. The whole bloggy world is on hold for all of you pretrial guys. If Russia only moved on the same time line as the all of us. One thing I realized after spending so much time there is that they have no idea what time is to us in regards to our children. Hang in there! It's coming soon.

Elle said...

I totally know what you mean. I didn't sleep, have been fully awake since 3 and woke up to NOTHING!!!! I think someone is going to have to check me into the loony bin.

Anonymous said...

My first thoughts this morning were of all three families waiting and I was so sorry to see there was no update yet. Know that we are continuing to pray for you all ... as you said, we know who is in charge ultimately.

Suz said...

Ok, so maybe this is a dumb question, but could you just call Olga and see what's going on? I think by this point I'd be dying to know beyond the point of sanity. Of course, all agencies work differently, but I would be calling ours by now.

Chelsea said...

Eagerly anticipating good news soon, and you have it so right, He knows what is going on and He has it all in control!