recent posts at the new blog :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Yup, this blog is on the move. All the news is now at :: Adventures in Daily Living ::

Here is a sneak peak at what is happening over there.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Who knew?

I was toodling about on the University of Minnesota's International Adoption Clinic website where I was surprised to learn that "Dr. Dana Johnson is quoted in Cosmopolitan Magazine's September 2006 issue. The article, "What Adopting Is Really Like," is a Q&A on adoption." I didn't realize that Cosmo was interested in much more than cleavage! The reason I was on the U of M's site at all was that I was looking for a way to share this presentation with y'all. The best I can do is provide the link to "Easing the Transition from Institutional to Family Life." Click it; you'll learn a lot and we'll be glad you did.

Why wasn't I in bed, getting some much needed rest, you may ask? I was waiting for the kitties to come home. I can't sleep unless all my chickies are in their nest.

7 comments:

Carolina Mama said...

This is really great information! Thanks for sharing. The blog looks so good. It's fun to check in! I have to get my blogroll going - I use yours :) and was pleasantly surprised to see you added me! Thanks for the warm welcome! MaliMai

Carolina Mama said...

P.S. The new look is great. Can you believe two days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6blessings said...

Thanks for the great link. So much was for infants, but some of it applied to my older kids too. It was a good read.

Time is coming quickly. Almost time to go get those kiddos! Woo Hoo!!

sandy said...

Neat!! I'll check out the link. I'm so glad your pup came through the surgery ok. I'll say a prayer that she does not have cancer (or at least the bad kind) and will be okay. Godd luck.... two days!!!!! (What a neat widget!)

Laura said...

Great info Suzanne!
Thanks for the doggie compliment and I'm glad to read that your puppy is doing well after surgery.
I can't believe you are keeping it so together when you only have 2 days until you leave!
Congratulations and best of luck on your trip. Looking forward to following your trip.
Laura

Samantha said...

Wow!

I wish I had read that before I went to China. Good stuff!

Thanks!

sandy said...

I hope your trip over goes smoothly and no snags arise. I hope meeting the kids and bringing them house is exciting and fun, and not too hectic. I'll be saying prayers that your trip is safe and you are home soon as a family. Take care!